Maybe have you made your first one out of curiosity, maybe for sad reasons, maybe to pass the time… The thing is, you’ve made the first one,… but not the last because they are SO addictive to make !
Before you know it, you are drown under dozens of mandalas ! Your aunts and grannies all had their share, and you don’t want to use them as doillies, right? So, you NEED to find ways to display them (so that you have an excuse to make even MORE :p)
Here are the ideas I found, please feel free to share yours too !
1. A dreamcatcher
I’ve shown you mine here.
But there’s a lot more over the internet :
- Mandala dreamcatcher (in French) / Photo credit : La chouette bricole
- Mandala dreamcatcher / Photo credit : breien-en-beppen
- Autumn leaves crochet dreamcatcher / Photo credit : KareWares
2. Plant decoration
No, it’s no doilly ! It’s a mini-cactus decoration ! That’s definitely NOT the same thing :p
3. A stool cover (or bin cover, here ^^)
Do you remember about my tutorial on how to turn your Ikea bin into a footrest? Well, I’ve just changed the mustache cover by this mandala one !
4. Bag / pouch / purse
I didn’t show you this one because it’s one of my biggest 2015 crochet fail :p I loved it until I got this crazy idea to replace the crochet border by a pleather one… It went completely out of shape and I didn’t have the patience to unsew it all, so now it sadly lays in a closet… Pattern by Lillabjorn available here
And here is more, found over the internet :
- Coin purse / Photo credit : Pippiripi
- Overlay and tapestry crochet mandala purse / Photo credit : LillaBjornCrochet
- Mandala bag / Photo credit : Luzpatterns
5. An afghan
One giant mandala or a patchwork of mandalas joined together. I love this idea, but I try to stay away from big projects like that since I just got out my latest afghan !
- Sophie’s Universe / Photo credit : lookatwhatimade.net
- Mandala Inspired Baby Afghan / Photo credit : PixieHeartStrings
- Wink’s Mandala blanket / Photo credit : aspoonfulofyarn.com
I’m usually not a big fan of crochet clothes but I have to say it’s kind of fun to wear your mandala on your back !
- Mandala crochet vest /Photo credit : HEraMade
- Earth Child crochet spider web vest/ Photo credit : retrotimbre
7. A cushion
- Carnivale cushion / Photo credit : Cintia @my poppet
- Pillow cover / Photo credit : ChristiScalera
- Mandala Pouf Floor Round Cushion / Photo credit : bySol
- Mandala earrings / Photo credit : JijiHook
- Crochet mandala earings / Photo credit : OnePeculiarTreasure
- Crocheted bracelets / Photo credit : LillaBjornCrochet
9. A rug
10. A pincushion
Ok, I already have 3 of them, but we never have too many, right?
- Pincushion flower mandala / Photo credit : BabanCat
- Macaron Pin Cushion / Photo credit : LillaBjörnCrochet
- Crochet mandala coasters / Photo credit : 4 Lil Beans
- Happy summer coasters / Photo credit : LillabjörnCrochet
12. Your turn !
Do you have any other examples or ideas to add to the list? Please share them in the comments !
Get your free eBook now !
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter and get my free eBook with 8 amigurumi patterns for beginners and intermediate crocheters + tutorials to make invisible finish